Church Telecom are committed to protecting your Privacy
The protection of private and confidential information is fundamental to Church Telecom. Church Telecom is committed to safeguarding the personal information it holds on behalf of its members and viewers and is committed to do so in accordance with the requirements of the National Privacy Principles (NPP’s) of the Privacy Act 1988.
2. How does Church Telecom collect personal information?
Church Telecom operates the Website. The Website allows viewers to Register to become members of their Website. Where a viewer Registers’ they must provide a name and email address for the purpose of identifying the viewer.
3. Information and Uses
Church Telecom will use reasonable efforts to prevent the disclosure or the use of your information. We will not sell, share, or rent your information in any way different from what is disclosed in this Privacy statement. Church Telecom may collect information from you at several different points on our website.
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways:
• provide our customers with the best customer experience possible;
• provide the services that you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
• communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions;
4. What kind of personal information does Church Telecom store?
The personal information we collect from the Website and store may include (but is not limited to), name, address, contact details, religion, gender, occupation, company and if relevant, financial information, including credit card information and banking details.
How will Church Telecom use Personal Information?
Unless a viewer consents, Church Telecom will only use personal information collected from the Website for the purpose of identifying and directly contacting the viewer.
However your personal information may also be used in order to:
• provide the services and information you require;
• contact information that allows us to communicate with you – including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
• administer and manage those services,( including charging billing and collecting Debts if required);
• inform you of Church Telecom activities, events, facilities and services;
• provide the viewer with news articles, or other materials
• conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
• research, develop and expand our facilities and services;
• gain an understanding of our members’, and viewers needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities;
• maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems;
Accordingly, Church Telecom may write to any email address supplied by a viewer to confirm that the email address is genuine.
Church Telecom also collects information in the following areas:
During registration you are required to supply contact information – such as your name and/or email address. This information is used to provide the products and services that you have requested, or to contact you about the services on our site for which you have expressed interest.
Like most other Websites, we use “cookie” technology on our Website. Some Websites use a small file called a “cookie”, to keep track of you and your preferences during your visit. The server that hosts the Website sends a “cookie” to your browser and that the site administrator may identify your computer system whenever you visit the Website. The “cookie” itself does not contain any personally identifying information about you. The “cookie” does not track any of your personal information or provide us with anyway to contact you, and the “cookie” does not extract any information from your computer.
5. Your Access to Personal Information
6. Will Personal Information be disclosed to anyone else?
Church Telecom is not required in the course of its operations to disclose personal information to any outside parties. In certain circumstances, Church Telecom may be compelled by law to disclose personal information to various authorities, such as where Church Telecom is compelled to disclose the personal information by a warrant.
Church Telecom uses the information supplied for the purpose given. Church Telecom does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected from the Website to or with third parties.
7. How is Personal Information protected?
Church Telecom takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information that it holds from misuse and loss. It also protects that information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Only a viewer can access his or her personal information.
Church Telecom maintains physical security, such as locks and security systems, over our Electronic data stores and premises. It also maintains computer and network security, for example firewalls (security measures for the Internet), and other security measures, such as identification codes and passwords, to control access to computer systems.
9. More Information?